SACVF was created to assist in meeting the needs of the Veteran, their family, caregivers and widows of every generation
Our Service Priorities are:
- Educating & Collaboration
- Being a voice for Veterans when they need someone to help speak on their behalf
- Representing Veterans with our elected officials on key issues that affect the over 2.1 million Texas Veterans
Educating through community programs and events.
- Monthly informational meetings on important topics that support the over 255 Veteran Service Providers (VSP) in the community
- Networking events that allow participants to share information
- Training events for companies and public forums to help others understand Veteran issues
Supporting through a variety of programs and services, including direct support of Veterans and families that have “unmet needs” integral to long-term success.
- Financial support to over 31 Veteran families facing homelessness
- Providing clothes so a Veteran can interview for a new job
- Mini-scholarships for our Veteran Families
Volunteerism: As with military service, being a volunteer is not only important to each Veteran, but allows SACVF to help many of the aging, disabled and low-income Veterans in the Alamo region.
- Building ramps and fixing homes with the help of our friends at the Home Depot Foundation
- Cutting trees for those who are disabled or poor
- Helping register Veterans at an event for a Veteran Service Provider